Sunday, March 23, 2014

Life Of A Preachers Daughter #7

350Z 
My Ideal Ride,
There is one car in particular that I have always wanted since they came out with them. I am talking about the 350Z. Now this is a woman's car. Fast, stylish and unique for sure. I don't think there is another car out there that holds it's own.

 




Old Rambler
The compact car,
brings me to the story of the little   car we had when I was a little girl.
Growing up with 10 people in the house, was quite a chore to handle for my parents. This little compact car was a 2 door Rambler.  
Do you remember it? I sure do!

 
Can you imagine,
how small that was for 8 kids and 2 adults to fit into? Back then, great on gas, economical to get around in and Yeah, It might have been all those things but having to ride in that car was dreadful. I hated to get into that little car but knew we had to as every Tuesday night, and every Sunday morning when the church doors were open we were there. Us kids would get packed into that little car, 7 kids in the back, 3 people in the front. I'm saying we were packed into this car like sardines.

Whats funny now which wasn't back then,
I remember the back of the drivers seat being broke. Each one of us had our turn at holding the drivers seat up with our knees as dad drove us to church. Everyone knew we were coming, with the sound of the car and the loud singing. Some stood in the parking lot as they watched us get out of that little 2 door Rambler. They were amazed how we all got to fit in there. The happiest time is when we got out of that car. There was room to move and breath again.
Did I mention, I hated that car? I did for sure.

I think,
my parents were happy and thankful they had something to drive as we were a very poor family.
I look at it as we were blessed to have it.

This is, just a small memory in the Life Of A Preachers Daughter.
Read more HERE to find out what I am up to lately!
Thanks!
Lace Tomus

No comments:

Post a Comment