Saturday, March 22, 2014

Say What!



It only takes a moment,
In time to remember my life as a child. Although I don’t remember a lot of it, but I do remember one particular part that changed me forever.

You say what is it?
Well let me tell you,
I was about 5 years old when I began to sing in
church. Mom says I began singing around the age of 3. We arrived at church one Sunday morning and I remember my mother saying to someone, my baby girl can sing and she sings beautifully. God has given her the voice and now I remember why we named her Melody. Don’t get me wrong, I like the name Melody though when I got older I decide to change it to Lace as I didn’t want to know the name Melody. I know it might sound like I am not appreciative for the name they gave me but it brings me back to the time when I asked why and how did you come up with the name.

Their answer to me was,,,,,,

I dreamed,
I was walking through the grave yard and I heard someone crying out saying Melody,,,,,, Melody,,,,,,, and I’m like seriously? You got to be kidding me and they’re like NOPE! that why we decided that that was what we were to call you. WOW!

Do you,
Have a story like mine? Maybe you have a story you want to share!  Do you know why your parents call you by the name you have today. Maybe you’ve changed your name as well! Sharing is great because you can relate to other people. It is great to meet new fans and friends that care about what you have to say and share.

Thanks again,
For taking the time to read my Life Of A Preachers daughter blog.
You are awesome and God bless your day!

Lace Tomus

No comments:

Post a Comment