Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Life Of A Preachers Daughter





I want to tell you a little bit about a ministers wife, my mother which whom I love very much. Although I didn't always feel that way towards her growing up. 


Let me tell you why,
When I was 3, I remember my mother and father loving each other very much as they would always be holding hands, hugging each other and laughing together. My mother gave birth to 8 children, 4 boys, 4 girls, We had a great life together, at least thats what we thought. Mom and dad never fought in front of us children nor did they ever raise their voice around us, I guess thats why we thought everything was ok and being a child, you would never think that things would someday change, but one day life did change especially for me. It all went bad, one day, for some reason mom was not at home when we got home from school. We were told that mom didn't love dad anymore and that mom wasn't coming home again. So in that aspect of my life I grew to hate my mother for abandoning me. Over the years we were told by our father that she didn't want to have anything to do with us and thats why she wasn't there.


Oh what a tangled web to weave, 
For that story was never true, Mom wanted all of her children with her and because she left dad, there was no way he would let her near us. I guess he was so hurt from her leaving him that he used us children as a weapon to hurt my mother so in doing all of this he moved us far away from her so she couldn't come and see us. I didn't know it back then,, but I do now, that my mother was afraid of him. Even after the years that they had been together. Dad was very strict with her and us. You never know what people will do when they are hurt from a broken marriage and some do unspeakable things and hide behind the name God,,, to hurt other people especially their children. Using their issues is NO excuse for hurting their children but as I said we thought they we happy together. Not knowing why she left made me hate her for many years. But finding out later in life when I had children of my own that it was all a lie. Mom DID want her children and turns out that she sent every year, birthday cards, gifts and for every year, christmas presents but you see we never received anything because dad sent them all back to her and we never knew that. She really did love all of her children. Now keep in mind that it's not all my mothers fault or my fathers fault because it takes two to make a marriage or a relationship work. I guess mom couldn't take the preachers wife life style any more. I sometimes wonder why bad things happen in life so I have come to the realization that it was all planned out for me. God doesn't make the bad choices in life for us. We choose our own path. It's up to us.  The people in our lives make us who were are and want to be today. 

Just so you know   
I now have a great relationship with my mother and I will never let anyone tell me otherwise. 


*More to come*



No comments:

Post a Comment